Re: Fwd: RE: Tropo ducting

I don't know what kind of DX it was, but sometime around 1960 or so, when I was living in
Bedford, MA, I happened to wake up early on a Saturday morning and decided to turn on my
FM radio.  At that time, new stations coming on were a frequent occurrence, and I used to
look for them.  That morning, I found a new station, which was doing NBC news.  At the
time, WEZE 1260 was the local NBC affiliate, so my first thought was that I had discovered a
new WEZE-FM.  But when I heard an ID, it turned out to be WTIC-FM in Hartford.  As I
continued to search the dial, I found a couple of FM stations from New York.  They lasted no
more than an hour, maybe less, and gradually faded out.