Re:Re: BUR-GBH

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 12:28  PM, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> 4 out of 24 hours a day doesn't appear to me to be sounding a whole lot
> alike even if you don't take into account both stations have
> substantially different local news coverage during those hours.

Paul wrote:
Except that for people like myself who work in the daytime, the hours of 6-8 AM and 5-7 PM are about the only times I can listen.  It's stupid to have the same programming on two stations in the same city at the same time.

Actually WBUR & WGBH do not run the  same programming during those hours, as I mentioned both stations have substantially different local news coverage.  WBUR routinely covers national stories on Morning Edition and broadcasts local stories that reporters put together, Bob Oakes also covers national stories with interviews (2-ways in BUR speak)something that I don't think GBH does,  granted it does not occur as frequently during ATC but to say the broadcast is the same, nope, it's not.
df