is it true? probably!

----- Original Message -----
From: "R Palino" <rpalino@mailandnews.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 3:34 PM
Subject: Radio sales

> I just heard a promo(?) on WRKO looking for salespeople.   Is it true
that:  "The *average* salesperson makes over sixfigures a year.">

It wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

I work in radio sales in a midwest market that's much smaller than Boston
(our's is about 600,000 population) and the average radio salesperson in our
market earns $40,000-80,000, or more.

While the past 18 months the economy has been softer, the 90's were
outstanding for radio. Many stations in our market had 8-12% increases every
year for 7 or 8 years.

Tim