Re: WCCM Changing Format

Yes, WBOQ plays standards, but the selection is far more
sophisticated and eclectic than that of any of the
satellite-delivered adult-standards services. No Connie
Francis, Joni James, Toni Fisher or, for that matter, Al
Martino or Jerry Vale, or any of the countless other
stars of the 50s who, before the rock 'n roll invasion,
made popular music so excruciating and execrable with
their endless lachrymose ballads.

Another choice for adult-standards listeners in the
Merrimac Valley--at least during the day--would be WCRN,
a _strong_ AM signal just an eight of a turn or so (on
analog radios) north of WCCM. WCRN also eschews much of
the brain-dead music I cited, but its approach is
probably a bit more acceptable to Music of Your Life
habitues.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205