Re: Response from Bruce Schwoegler

On 19 Apr 2002 at 11:59, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> I wonder how many contracts will continue to carry a non-compete
> provision even though it's not enforceable unless the employee leaves
> before his/her contract expires. df

I suspect a lot of them will.  Sometimes it will be out of ignorance or just the inertia of not
revising the form.  Sometimes it may be out of a deliberate hope to trick someone who
doesn't know their rights.  Sometimes there will even be threats to enforce it, either in
ignorance or in the hope that the employee will be ignorant.