RE: Mentioning Another Station's Call Letters

As a former CC programer, I can tell you that each CC station MUST have a
"cross promotion plan" in place, detailing the number of x-plugs you're
giving other stations, verbage and production style.

Most stations in my cluster, while asked to run :30s, ran short :10s in one
of the stopsets per hour. And we tried to make it fit, as best we could.
We'd x-plug the CHR on the Urban and Country. The Country on the CHR and
Oldies...

Not always the best system... but the idea was to break the "cume circle".
If a listener would flip between you and the competition, why not have your
sister station as a top of mind "second choice"?

Rob Walker
Director of Operations
GCC Radio/Bend, Oregon
KXIX KMGX KSJJ KICE-AM