Re: Clear Channel Suit

In a message dated 4/2/02 11:02:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, dwcole@attbi.com
writes:

<< However, it would be nice to think that an award that could result in the
 economic destruction of Clear Channel is in the realm of possibility.  Some
 jokes are amusing, some are just dumb.  Jokes that lead to tragic
 consequences are intolerable...in any industry or situation.

Dan Cole >>

I have to agree with Mr. Cole on this one, which is almost as rare as Mr.
Cole agreeing with me!

The idea behind is punitive damages is to punish the wrongdoer so they will
not behave in the same manner again and to discourage such behavior by
others.  To punish a large company like Clear Channel, the award would have
to be very large.

The company that Mr. Cole and I both work for has a strict policy against any
pranks that are not approved before hand by corporate management so things do
not get out of hand.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine