Re: Clear Channel Suit

Dibmaine@aol.com wrote:
> Maybe not.  By promoting the event, real or a hoax, Clear Channel
> took on the duty to provide security to manage the crowd that showed
> up.  If the women's family can show that Clear Channel did not meet
> that duty, and that their failure to provide security was a cause of
> the women's death, the suit should be successful.

But wouldn't the state have some cap on liability claims from incidents such
as this? For example, I believe Pennsylvania just passed a measure that
capped medical malpractice claims, or is debating such a piece of
legislation. Would a jury be able to find Clear Channel liable yet give her
a lower reward? Would that be up to whatever the state law is or would it be
up to the judge to instruct the jury that such is possible?

-Sean