RE: CCU

The way it looked to me when we were installing and
cofiguring the system was that we could put the music
anywhere but it had to be the same as the ellsworth
station only because of the remote show...  I do
remember there being a lot of music added by corporate
on the kiss section of the server...  Heavy urban
stuff that would NEVER be played in our market.  That
jumped me a little when i was scanning through the
carts.  The system, overall, is a very sweet machine
with endless possibilites.... But there are
frightening aspects to it...  The remote voicetracking
and total remote contral via the WAN or dialup
connection is part of it.  It also takes work away
from staff.  It used to take 2 people to keep WVOM
running at peak performance with the old DCS system.
Now it takes a half person but is 10 times more
reliable than any other system I have worked with.  I
guess there are always going to be good things about
tech and always going to be back things about it...

=====
Cooper
    Alice 93.7 FM  WXAL, Middlebury, VT