From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Sven
Franklyn Weil
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:29 AM
To: Rob Walker
Cc: SteveOrdinetz; Boston-Radio-Interest
Subject: RE: CCU

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Rob Walker wrote:

> Here's a quick overview of how it works. Assume that a station is planning
> format change to, "MIX". The PD will contact Covington, talk to the Music
> Guys and order a "snap server" of music library cuts to be sent to his

So none of these stations have a room, or rooms piled from floor to
ceiling with shelves and shelves of LPs and 45s?

What happens when record companies send promo copies of albums to
individual CCU radio stations?  Or does everything get sent to Covington?
What happens with the vinyl once it's recorded into the storage unit?

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few