Re: Sox Spanish Network expands

An 1110 station in (or near) Bridgeport??? I have my
doubts that such a station exists, or if it exists, if
its licensed. First off, I suspect that there would be
prohibited overlap with WPRX, WBBR, WHLI and almost
certainly with the 1110 station in Providence (WPMZ?).
Second, I've never heard of this station. Third, way
over half of the Sox games are night games. Although the
FCC has monkeyed around with the formulas for
calculating the 0.5 mV/m skywave contours of Class A
AMs, with the result of shrinking the coverage areas for
stations in the northern part of the country, I think
Bridgeport is still officially within WBT's protected
nighttime secondary service area. So this "station", if
it were operating legally, would have to be off the air
at night.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205