Re: XFL didn't work so NBC tries another version

Kevin writes:
> It is tragic what their once mighty sports division
> has been reduced to
>
> NBC Sports and the Arena Football League have reached
> agreement to become revenue sharing partners in a
> national television contract beginning with the 2003
> season, AFL Commissioner C. David Baker and NBC Sports
> chairman Dick Ebersol announced Tuesday.

Why is this so bad? Personally, I'm surprised this is happening, since I
believe the NFL now has some equity stake on the Arena League, and I didn't
think they'd allow a network competing with their broadcast partners to get
AFL rights. Seeing that TNN, ESPN, ABC, etc., have all dropped the ball on
the Arena League, I doubt NBC will do much better.