RE: WSJ article about Clear Channel

Daniel Murphy writes:

> There is a very good article in today's Wall Street Journal about Clear
> Channel's methods for distributing radio programming around the
> country. It
> goes into some detail about voice-tracking and how they try to give some
> small market programming a "local" angle.

MSNBC picked up on it, as well, likely from the WSJ source.  The spin on
the article wasn't putting the approach in the most flattering light with
a head that inferred that your "local DJ" may not be as local as you
think.  The article said that for about six grand, the station can get a
daypart voice tracked, which is "three to four times" less costly than a
"local" talent.  CC has to come up with _some_ way to carry Rush/Premier's
quarter billion, and I don't mean burgers served.

Bill O'Neill (nwot bittah)