Re: WMTW's new signal

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:04:59 -0500
> From: "Michael P Fitzpatrick Jr." <fitzradio@the-spa.com>
> Subject: RE: WMTW's new signal
>
> Can WMTW be seen in the Boston area? North-shore area? I mean back when it
> was up on the mountain. I have no way to tell because VHF-8 around here is
> nothing but WTNH.

WMTW has always been difficult to get in metro Boston and suburbs due to
sound bar interference from WHDH-TV Channel 7. It used to occasionally skip
in though.

I just checked, and I can tell that there's a faint signal there from WMTW
at the moment, but unintelligible visually or aurally. I'm only using an
indoor antenna. Perhaps a good directional roof antenna would get them here,
and I'm sure folks on high north-facing hills would get them.

WHOM radio however always comes in around Boston on any good quality car or
home receiver. It's certainly not "like a local" and fades in spots, but
it's always there. Occasionally WPKQ skips in weakly.