Re: WBUR's Special Coverage

Dave Faneuf wrote:

> Just FYI, WBUR's Special Coverage has expanded beyond the events of 9/11
> and becomes a permanent part of WBUR's/WRNI's programming.  The name
> has also been changed to "On Point".  Special Coverage was created at the
> request of NPR and was carried by up to 75 stations between 7 and 9pm.  I
> don't know how many are still carrying it but according to WBUR's PD there is a
> need for live radio at night on WBUR, in the first quarter attracting 120,900
> weekly listeners in Boston alone.

So now WBUR distributes one daily two-hour talk show through NPR
and another through the International House of Radio -- I mean,
PRI.   :-)

But I presume that the shows don't tend to compete against each
other, since their live airing times are so far apart.

--RC

GnuPG keyID F9C6579F
fp: AE 15 40 AE 29 CA 59 2A  61 62 2D 5B 65 5F DA AF  F9 C6 57 9F