Re: Daniel Pearl, PS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: Daniel Pearl, PS

> As for taking it slow and not reporting a story too quickly, in fairness
> ABC and CBS, their source was the chief of Police in Karachi and several
> hospital workers.  It's not like they talked to some guys in a diner.
They
> obviously thought they had the right information, so they ran with
> it.  What do you think they should have done instead?

Waited for confirmation from the U.S. or Pakistan government.  Sources in
that are of the world are notiorous unreliable.  (Remember all the stories
about the U.S. bombing being unsuccessful.)  I would have been particurlarly
careful after the fiasco last week.

If anyone in politics or business makes a mistake, the media is all over
them.  When the media makes a mistake, they quickly move on.  For example,
what ever happen to that truck full of explosions stopped on the George
Washington Bridge on the night of September 11th?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine