Re: ratings

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:46:59 -0500 Aaron 'Bishop' Read
<aread@speakeasy.net> writes:
> Huh?  Why not just tape-delay it and air at 11pm?  It already was
> tape-delayed an hour or two anyway...
>
> I suppose I can answer my own question, though - it's losing a lot
> of
> relevance to be delayed 6 hours.  .

WBUR used to take the 6pm feed of Marketplace and record it into the
Audio Vault for playback at 7, then record the 7 to 7:30 feed of the BBC
News into the Audio Vault while Marketplace was playing back on the air.
The BBC would be turned around and broadcast at 7:30.  We used the 6:30
feed of Marketplace as the backup program in the event the vault crashed
or there was some kind of impairment in the 6pm feed.

> snip <

> Speaking of ratings...have any been released since SC came around?
> I'm
> curious to know how it's doing...

As I mentioned I wasn't all the all-station meeting so the information I
am getting is third hand from someone who was there.  I haven't seen the
actual numbers but I am told that SC timeslot is up over 70% from last
year at this time.  Last year this time slot was occupied by Marketplace,
BBC News and the first hour of The Connection rollover.

df