Re: WFLY and the Empire Network

On 20 Jan 2002 at 6:34, Peter Q. George wrote:

> When FM was shanghai'ed "upstairs" to 88 to 108 MC/s in 1947, the days
> of the HIGH powered FM'ers were over.

I've always wondered why FM was moved to the higher band.

For that matter, sometime in the late 50s, as I was planning to get my
first FM radio, there was an article in the newpaper about FCC plans to
make the FM band smaller.  My mother wondered whether I ought to wait
before buying an FM radio, but I wanted one, and the FCC never did go
through with those plans.