Re: XM quality

Eli Polonsky wrote:

>The classic rock channel, called "Deep Tracks" on channel 40, is programmed
>by ex-WBOS/WZLX George Taylor Morris and seems to play a much wider variety
>than the terrestrial classic rockers around here.

It will be interesting to see how some of these deep library channels
(especially the gold-based ones) shake out over time.  I don't think
there's an oldies or classic rock station that hasn't tried to add
lesser-known cuts to their library, and hasn't been been burnt by it.  It's
always been a fine line to walk between offering the variety the audience
claims they want, yet giving them the familiarity they expect.