blues show on Allston-Brighton Free Radio

Patois de Blanc, who's been host of Blue Shadows (Sat
3-6 pm on WMWM 91.7 in Salem) can now also be heard on
Allston Brighton Free Radio (1670), doing blues
and soul Fri 3 to 6 pm. Right now I have it on via
their website (http://www.abfreeradio.org)...sounds
great! (He's playing some great live James Brown as I
type this.)

Pretty interesting station, and it's too bad their
broadcast output is relegated
to flea-power (though WJIB 740 carries some of their
shows). But at least they can be heard online (good
fidelity, too).

Would be great if there were room on the dial for
community stations like that. (And, actually, lately
there has been some pirate action above 1600. And in
the past we've heard pirates on freqs like 102.1 and
106.1 in Boston...)

And speaking of pirates, we remember Radio Free
Vermont, a standards station that used to be at 96.5
in Rutland. Picked them up a few times while visiting
up there, but I guess the FCC shut them down
(threatened to fine them if they went back on...) Last
I heard, they were thinking of Webcasting. "Your
hometown radio station, 96.5 Radio Free Vermont".
(With PSAs and ads, they almost seemed legit!)