Re: Circular Receive Antennas?

In theory, if the transmited signal is circularly
polarized, don't you pick up both polarizations by
orienting a whip antenna at 45 degrees with respect to
the ground plane or using a rabbit-ears antenna with
one "ear" perpendicular to the ground plane and the
other ear parallel to ground? Neither ploy has ever
seemed particularly sucessful to me, so I assume that
signal impairments over the transmission path almost
always result in unpredictable polarization at the
receiving antenna. Or is there a different explanation?
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205