Re: Circular Receive Antennas?

At 2:27 AM -0500 1/17/02, Michael P Fitzpatrick Jr. wrote:
>As many on this list know, the majority of FM broadcasters in the US
>transmit using Circular polarized FM antennas. My question is, do they make
>a Circular FM Receive antenna?

Not that I've ever heard of!  The purpose of transmitting with
circular polarization is to make the signal receivable with either a
horizontally or a vertically polarized  receiving antenna.  Having a
circularly polarized receiving antenna would realize only 3 db gain
at most over an equivalent size antenna of one of the other
polarizations, not really worth the effort IMO.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH