Re: Today's L(garble)T(garble)A(garble)R

When I point my antenna one way at night WHYN comes in
weaker.. and I can hear an unidentified station behind
it. Unfortunately no station on 550 comes in and WMCA
overloads 570..

~Adam

>anastasi@javanet.com wrote
time, it broadcast with 1,000 watts> days then
increased its daytime power a couple of decades ago to
5,000> watts. In the interim, a 560 was built in
Catskill, NY. So I surmise> the pattern had to protect
WMCA in The Apple and the 560 in Catskill.> Adam is
too young to obseve this phenomenon while driving, but
have> any others out there in BRIGland had the same
experience?>Laurence, not being an engineer I have no
idea what the word "null" means oreven a clue about
what you just said in plain English. :) But I can
tellyou this though. I live in Amherst, which is
roughly 18-20 miles northeastof Springfield, and
WHYN-AM comes in with static during the day, and
isnon-existent at night. When we first moved out to
this area code back in1985, we lived in South
Deerfield for two years. South Deerfield is about13
miles north of where I am now, and up there I wouldn't
have even knownWHYN-AM existed if I wasn't a radio
DXer. But for some reason, as Adamnoted, WHYN is
consistently the highest rated AM radio station out here.Brian

=====
----------------------------------------Personal site: http://adamskewlsite.freeservers.comRadio site: http://radio417.tripod.com