Re: Cell phones (was Re: Today's L(garble)T(garble)A(garble)R)

> I don't particularly like them either, and wouldn't
> have one myself if my
> employer didn't provide (and require) it.  I think
> $40/month is a bit on
> the high side.  I believe there are decent plans
> available for just over
> half that, especially if you don't need a large
> "free" service area.

Technically, if all you wanted it for were absolute
emergencies then you could use a tracfone.  They cost
about $30 and come with a 10 min card.  The going rate
is about 70 cents a min.  But if all ya want it for is
emergencies it works really well...

=====
Cooper Fox
   WWBX- (All new, all hit, B97.1)