Re: "The Lost 45s with Barry Scott" moves to Oldies 103.3!

 "Roger Kirk" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net>
wrote on Friday, December 14, 2001 11:28 AM:

> Perhaps an e-mail or two to Oldies 103.3 will let them
> know that Walter's departure is a disappointment as
> well as a dimunition of the active listening audience
> which ultimately translates to lost ad revenues.

A on-going letter-writing campaign helped get Walter re-instated at WODS
last time, whenever that was (seven or eight years ago?).  I still have the
original flyer somewhere with the name and address of the guy who initiated
it.  Just have to dig it out....

But I think WODS' move towards more post-Beatles music has nothing to do
with number of listeners and everything to do with TYPE of listeners.  Those
of us of my generation (I'm 52) who love the music of the 50s and early 60s
are, generally speaking, not spending money like we used to, because social
security and retirement just doesn't allow it.  Therefore,  the music shift
at Oldies 103, while regrettable to all of us who love Little Walter and
music of that generation, is probably a necessary move economically and will
probably non-negotiable, especially if Barry Scott's show brings in big
numbers.