Re: stations still using carts

David wrote:
>>Someone at one of the college stations (sorry, deleted that message)
>>mentioned not needing cart players now that PSAs are delivered on CDs.
>>I don't think I'd care for that unless there was a minimum of 3 CD
>>players in the studio.  [...]

Precisely. :-)

Aaron responded:
>WMFO (Tufts university) tried this approach by purchasing a real-time CD
>burner and it failed dismally.   Nobody wanted to take the HUGE amount of
>time to migrate all the cart clips to CD.  Realistically, CD's just aren't
>very good for short-term recordings like PSA's.  Such clips work much
>better on Computer or on MD's than CD's.   Although I suppose anything is
>better than (ugh) carts.  :-)

Nah, that's not what we're doing at 'MBR.  Any of the stuff on carts that
anyone cares to keep goes on the DigiCarts, not CDs.  The only reason the
PSAs are on CDs is because they were sent to us that way in the first place.
Nobody has to spend time copying the PSAs from one format to another, which
is a good thing.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu