Re: "Feep"

I was actually on the Major Mudd show in 1966 (nine years old). The set was
disappointingly cheezy in real life.

I don't recall anything as fancy as a forced air drive on that door. I think
they had a stagehand sliding it from behind. If there was a sound like
forced air it was a sound effect.

The "Feep" segments were actually preproduced on videotape. My folks were
still using a black-and-white vintage 1953 RCA television set back then, and
something about that videotape always caused the horizontal hold to go
crazy. No matter how many tubes were replaced and how many times we had the
set repaired, the horizontal hold on that set was always unstable,
especially on certain videotape productions.

Eli Polonsky