RE: WHOM/WPKQ STL Question

> FYI, there is some really unique federal stuff on top of the small hill
> where the microwave shot originated from.

Brian asked:

Anything that you can talk about?  Sounds interesting.

As I recall the name of the site was "Cates Hill", but it's been a while...
so I may be wrong. When I went up to the microwave site one day, I took a
walk up the dirt road to the top of the hill. There was a lot of microwave
stuff up there, and some antenna arrays like nothing I've ever seen before.
There was a pretty wild looking series of yagis on a horizontal mounting
member that was placed pretty close to the ground, and they looked as though
they could be steered. Plenty of HF looking antennas and some some
"aero/nav" looking radio installations. There were fences and "No
Trespassing-US Gov't" signs everywhere. I don't think it was anything
sinister, but it was still kinda neat to see, as I'm a bit of a
"techie-radio geek".

(I'm one of those weird dudes that take more pictures of towers and
transmission equipment than anything else when I'm on vacation.)

Rob