Re: George Harrison passes away from Cancer, 58

>Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 02:10:44 -0500
>From: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
>Subject: Re: George Harrison passes away from Cancer, 58
>
>And WZLX dug out an old tape from Charles Laquidara when WBCN was
>about a year old, and he did a very brief interview with George-- they
>both sounded (how shall we say?) a bit space-y....

Actually, that interview was from before Charles was here at WBCN. It was
from KPPC in Pasadena, CA (L.A.) in 1968.

Charles came to Boston and joined WBCN in 1969, when, as you said, it was
about a year old (as a rock station, it was classical for a number of years
before that).

Eli Polonsky