Harrison

I'm sure most stations were prepared for an appropriate tribute for George
Harrison because of his well publicized health problems.  I know that the
station that I work for got some material recorded last summer when the
rumors of Harrison's impending death first surfaced.

With so many rock-and-roll greats reaching the later years of their lives,
I'm sure many stations will be caught unprepared in the not too distant
future when some rock-and-roll great passes on.  I would think that oldies
stations, in particular, would think about getting material recorded on many
greats.  Chuck Berry just turned 75.  The artists of his generation are now
in their 60's and 70's.  The greats of the 60's are now pushing 60.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine