No Subject

> and to the mention of corporate broadcasters:  what?  no takers on
pointing
> out one corporate broadcast entity that can combine the best of both
worlds?

I have no suggestions, but I would also say that all the little guys that I
worked for before consolidation did not meet your standard.

Some, like Ron Frizzell, treated employees well, but I can't say that he did
much to keep broadcasting fun and interesting.  Part of the reason that I
decided when I was 20 that radio was not a good career option was the
working conditions under the non-corporate operators that I worked for up to
that point.

Can you name any operators in Maine before consolidation that met the
standard you suggest?  I understand that there were a lot more jobs before
consolidation and that made it a lot easier to make a living in radio, but I
don't think most of the operators at the time were more benevolent employers
or that interested in keeping broadcasting fun.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine