RE: Pats vs Jets

<<On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:37:27 -0500, <Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net> said:

> Anyway, there is not one single dang reason why our cable company can't pick
> up Channel 4 in Boston or Channel 12 in Providence

Yes there is.  You are not in the Boston or Providence market.  So
long as your cable company and WFSB have agreed on terms of carriage,
your cable company is not allowed to pick up an out-of-market CBS
affiliate without the permission of both WFSB and that out-of-market
station.  (Well, technically, they don't need WFSB's permission unless
their contract says so -- but in that case all network programming
would have to be blacked out or replaced with WFSB's programming
anyway.)

Sorry, Adam, but that's the law.

-GAWollman