RE: WBZ stereo?

Counsellor Ross wrote:

>Well, you must admit, there's not much sense in broadcasting news and talk
in stereo.

Counsellor,

Re: AM Stereo

Can you say dinosaur? As in extinct. IMHO you're going to see the extinction
of AM stereo soon. The reason 'BZ turned of their stereo exciter is probably
that amost no one's listening in AM stereo mode.

And as you say there isn't much sense in broadcasting spoken formats in
stereo. Even on FM, WBUR, because of their program format, broadcasts in
mono much of the time (at least according to the stereo indicators on my
various receivers).

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)