RE: Fybush.com re: core spectrum of TV channels

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Michael P Fitzpatrick Jr. wrote:

> VHF 9 Digitally. Most stations which were on VHF are going back to
> VHF, most which have DT on VHF will surrender their UHF license, as is
> the case with us at WWLP (22 Springfield ).

I thought that all DTV transmissions will be on the UHF band? Isn't the
Funny Cookie Commission planning on auctioning off the current TV band if
and when DTV actually does over-take analog?

Now as for whether we really NEED HDTV...that's a whole different
string...

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few