You know you're old when (was This is cruel and unusual punishment ( was WEEI - must they.......... ))

> Dan,
>
> Now I feel really, really old.  You were 5 when I graduated from high
school
> in 1973 (when radio was still local).
>
> -Larry

"...back when the air was clean and so were the words to our songs..."
<ducking> That corney liner was brought to you by Chuck Cecil's 'Swingin'
Years'.  Is that guy still vertical?  When he aired on WCAP in the early 80s
he was bragging about 25 years in.  Will always have a soft spot for the guy
as that was the first of my WCAP (980 Lowell) duties back when in college.
The show ran Sat. 8-midnite, initially.  7 inch reels with dozens of liners
on cart that I could punch up to localize the sound.  The show took off and
expanded to Sun. 8-noon.  I learned how to be creative when someone would
call to ask to speak with Chuck.  One day, a lady called in with a home
remedy to help get Chuck "off the toilet so he can talk to his listeners."
I was flush with pride.

Bill O'Neill