Re: Channel 7 Reporter Garry Armstrong Fired

On 13 Oct 2001 at 8:33, Mark Watson wrote:

>    Yes, Channel 7 was WNAC back in 1978. It became WNEV in the early
>    or mid
> 80's (forget exact date) after David Mugar's New England Television
> took over the license from RKO General. Now it's WHDH under Ed Ansin's
> Sunbeam Television ownership.

It became WHDH-TV under Mugar, when Mugar bought WHDH radio, sometime around 1989 or
1990 or thereabouts.

At the time, I recalled a cartoon which I drew at the time of the Channel 5 changeover in 1972. I
thought the WCVB "5"logo looked rather like an archery target.  I drew the "5" logo with an arrow in
the bulls-eye, with the caption "WHDH-TV shall rise again!"

Well, it did, sort of!

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                             617.367.0468
 15 Court Square, Suite 210            lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston,MA 02108-2503              http://www.attorneyross.com