Boston Safe For Ten More Years

About two years ago, when Arbitron(tm) expanded the geographical size of the Boston
ADI, I opined that even with the added cities and towns, Boston might have trouble
staying as part of the Top-10 Media Markets.  The population growth already chronicled
at that time indicated that some Southern and Western cities might move up past
The Land of the Bean and the Cod.  Now rronline.com reports that Boston has indeed
moved down the food-chain, but is safely ensconsed at number eight.  I thought Atlanta and Houston might surpass Boston but it didn't happen (all those
uncounted illegals in TX).

Laurence Glavin

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp