Re: What's up with Ch 7?

At 08:40 PM 10/10/2001 -0400, Gary wrote:
>Both last week during the special edition of The West Wing and tonight
>during Ed on Ch 7 (NBC), there was loud audio popping and picture
>degredation going on.
>
>Is this the AT&T Broadband system (both Lowell & Billerica are experiencing
>it at the same time) or is it the NBC feed, or is coming from Ch 7's
>equipment?
>
>Sven - you're our expert on Ch 7's master control.  How about it?

As far as I know, there's no Sven at WHDH-TV Master Control.

The popping sound is a problem with NBC's new digital feeds, which we and a
number of other stations have been after them to fix.  The level shifts you
may have seen are from us trying to find an alternative feed that works.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH