Re: Osama or Usama?

On 9 Oct 2001 at 1:04, Larry Weil wrote:

> And I find it odd that media outlets tend to use the name of the
> capital city to mean, in effect, the country.  When the US govt. does
> something, it is reported as Washington did whatever.  Not really correct,
> the city govt. had no part in it.

This is not just the media.  I remember that during the U.N. Security Council sessions around the
Six-Day War, the Soviet delegate repeatedly referred to Israel as "Tel Aviv."  Many countries
have their embassies there because they don't officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of
Israel.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           	           http://www.attorneyross.com