KDNL (was: WNDS-50)

what is this? An ABC affiliate dropped all of their news programming? What
are they gonna have instead.. will they hire a new crew?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Paul
Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 8:56 PM
To: Boston Radio Interest
Subject: Re: WNDS TV50 Derry NH changes ??

On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 07:36 PM, Roger Kirk wrote:

> Say Hola to "Sabado Geante" (sp)

I hope you're kidding.  I'd hate to lose *another* station, especially
our last independent in the area.

BTW, did anyone else hear that KDNL St. Louis (ABC; channel 30), owned
by Sinclair, laid off all fifty news workers and are dropping all local
newscasts?  Wow, this is in a fairly big market (#22) and here's a
network affiliate dropping local news.  Geez, here in Boston we have UPN
affiliates *adding* local news!

Paul