Re: The Clear Channel list was an Internet hoax

Please excuse my desire for anonymity on this, but I'd like to keep my job.

While the wording used in the Post article -- "Despite yesterday's Internet
rumors, Clear Channel has no official list of songs that must be pulled off
the air." -- is technically correct, that list did, indeed, originate from
Clear Channel corporate.

The list was distributed to all stations by Email, but it was not a list of
songs to be pulled from the rotation as reported. Corporate wanted all
PDs/MDs to be aware that in light of the current situation, some listeners
might find lyrics in these songs upsetting. The decision about whether these
songs should or should not be pulled is being left up to the individual
station management.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/