Re: More on CLear Channel song ban

This smells like a hoax to me.  The list of songs is too long and some of
the songs that are included are just ridiculous.  It reads like a hit piece
put together by someone with an ax to grind with Clear Channel (and there
are lots of people like that).  These kind of things make the rounds on the
Internet regularly.

There must be someone out there that works for Clear Channel that can
confirm or deny the report?

I don't have any problem with any company using their editorial judgment
concerning their play list.  I also think radio stations should give some
thought to what they play at times like this.

At the Oldies station that I work for, I am told that a few songs were
dropped from the play list and we were told last week to feel free to drop
anything that we thought might upset people.  I dropped a few songs that I
thought someone might take wrong, including "Revolution."  I also got a
request for "Eve of Destruction" and told the caller that I would not play
it.  I did play a request for "Ballad of the Green Berets."

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine