From: Sven Franklyn Weil [mailto:sven@gordsven.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 6:53 PM
To: Joseph Pappalardo
Cc: adamrivers@prodigy.net; boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: CNN

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> Funny, slow, boring and outdated?  I remember when CNN was considered
"new"
> and flashy...  ;-)
>
> I think CNN is probably still the "news channel of record"...and the place
> to go (for many) for no-nonsense news.
>
> I think many think of FOX as a tabloid news channel...

This is like comparing the NY Times or the Boston Globe versus the NY
Daily News or the Boston Herald.

Each paper has its plusses and minuses.  I don't subscribe to the notion
of getting your news from only one place.

During the six days I was home (tuesday to sunday), I kept flipping from
channel to channel to see how each of them was covering it.  The day after
I bought a copy of New York Newsday (yes we have 4, count them, 4, papers
in NYC) and a copy of the NY Post.  Each paper was surprisingly different
in their opinions and the way they covered the stories.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few