Re: More information on WTC ...

Tony wrote:
>Muckraker Alexander Cockburn is reporting on his counterpunch.org the
>following:
>
>a) CNN's videotape of Plestinians supposedly dancing in the West Bank is
>identical to a tape broadcast in 1991 when the US liberated Kuwait.

Umm, this is why I believe we should keep politics off this list, as it
deteriorates into mud-slinging.  Mr Cockburn is a known anti-Semite, and
I'll be happy to document it.  According to the Associated Press, and I
have the item from their website, they lodged a protest with the
Palestinian Authority (and with the Committee to Protect Journalists)
because the PA confiscated the camera of their free-lance photographer and
threatened his life, as well as threatening the lives of other AP reporters
if they continued permitting the video to be shown.  From the AP website,
we read:  "The Associated Press on Wednesday protested to the Palestinian
Authority about threats against a freelance cameraman who filmed
Palestinians celebrating terror attacks in the United States.

The videographer, on assignment for Associated Press Television News, was
summoned to a Palestinian Authority security office and told that the
material must not be aired. Calls in the name of the Tanzim militia, an
armed group associated with Yasser Arafat's Fatah group, warned him he
would be held responsible and made what he interpreted as threats on his
life."