Re: Fw: No backup transmitter sites

--- RokprtMike@aol.com wrote:
> WNBC-TV went on the air last night with a low power transmitter from
> soemwhere. My guess is either the top of the GE building or the Fox Building
> where their uplinks are.
>
> Did this the last time the bombed it.
>
> Mike

NBC4's low-power transmitter is located at a facility in Alpine, NJ.

Other stations which are considering moving to temporary transmitter
facilities in Alpine are WPIX and WABC...WPIX was temporarirly using
a small transmitter on the roof of its offices on East 42nd,  but
has made a move to Empire State Building early yesterday...The bottom
line is that all affected stations are all looking at the site options
in NY Metro, but there aren't many at this point..

-Mark