Re: Re: Heartbreaking Interview on ABC

I think it begs the question of circles in which we all travel. Most people I talk to favor military action.

If you're circle is in Cambridge MA for example, I'd be surpirsed if there was any more than 25% favorability, conversely, in the South or non-coastal West, I'd bet there's at least 80% support for military action.

I tend to believe in general that people congragate around like people (rich with the rich, blacks with blacks, liberals with liberals, parents of soccer kids with parents of soccer kids).

Heck, most parties I go to...the Women go to one room,the Men to another room, and there are likely some gender-based differences on issues. (I'd be willing to bet your paycheck that more Men favor military action than Women)

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> wrote:
> At 1:32 AM -0400 9/14/01, Dan Billings wrote:
>

>Another complaint:  No more polls.  Everyone supports the President.  Nearly
>everyone supports a military response.  Did we need a poll to find this out?

I guess we do need a poll, because nearly everyone I've spoken to is
opposed to a military response.

Is the impression the media is giving you, that nearly everyone
favors a military response?  If so, I feel they are slanting the
news, neither they nor I have sampled enough people to get the feel
of nearly everyone.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH