Re: Heartbreaking Interview on ABC

Dan B wrote:
>>One complaint:  I wish NBC would put Tim Russert away for awhile.  I love
Russert and I love politics, but I don't want to hear him talk about the
political effects of such a crisis.  It's tasteless and useless.<<

Dan,

    it's odd you find his brief, concise analysis something about which to
"complain."  my wife and i have found him a very level, steady balance to
the coverage.

Brokaw: "Tim?  What did the President just say?"
Russert:  "Tom, he said we're gonna kick some butt."
Brokaw:  "NBC's Tim Russert.  Thank you."

  i'm sure you know what Brokaw is doing when he brings in people like Tim;
it's a bathroom/information/coffee/ring-ding break.  ("Tim... gimmee three
and a half solid minutes?  I gotta, you know,...)
   as i said, i've found Russert to be very reasonable throughout all of
this.  his analysis?  right on the money.  (when HE says what I'M thinking,
then of course he's right.)

- -Chuck Igo