Re: Coverage of Press Conference

Rich Chonak wrote:
>>W. really seems to be, as he described himself in his GOP convention
speech, "a quiet man".  And yet I found his invocation of the 23rd Psalm in
Tuesday night's address touching.<<

Rich,

    i'm in agreement with that, although i must admit the look of
consternation from my wife and oldest daughter as i completed the phrase in
the less-than-standard mode ("...for i am the biggest, baddest, *****er in
the valley!) was a little unsettling.
   on the media:  The President, G.W.Bush, has handled himself humanly and
with class.  His evening address was an editor's dream: clean & tight.  The
message was clear.
    The President's further comments from the Pentagon yesterday were those
of a devastated American.  His emotion barely in check; his candor simple
and well-measured; his few words were powerful and succinct.
     I guess this puts me in agreement with the majority.

DX question:  anyone torn themselves away from the tube long enough to see
if the lack of aircraft traffic and these crisp, New England evenings,
coupled with the tragic loss of the Big Stick, have created any newer,
not-before heard skips?  I walked out on the porch last evening at 8:15 and
was able to see, with my naked eye, a streaking satellite heading
north-to-south.  Eye on the sky while you can: If you think Art Bell has a
point, and it's moving tonight, it MIGHT be something....

- -Chuck Igo
God Bless The USA! (no truck, no dog, either. For Brian: not that there's
anything wrong with that. ;-)  )