RE: Horror of Terrorist Attack

I concur. It's VERY lame. WGGBTV 40 is carrying ABC.. WTIC is doing Fox News
Channel.. WCTX is simulcasting WTNH

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Dan
Billings
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 4:21 PM
To: Jeff Lehmann
Cc: Boston Interest Radio Group Thingy
Subject: Re: Horror of Terrorist Attack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lehmann" <jlehmann@mediaone.net>
Cc: "Boston Interest Radio Group Thingy"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 4:10 PM

> WGBH and WGBX are on with regular programming.

Maine PBS is the only southern Maine TV station not providing coverage.  UPN
35 and Pax are carrying CNN.  WPXT is carrying Fox News.  I find it
interesting that most commercial TV stations are covering the crisis, but
the vaunted non-commercial, public-service sector is not.  I guess the
reason is that they do not have the resources to provide adequate coverage,
but you would think that they could make arrangements with someone to
provide coverage like CSPAN did.

I suppose you could argue that PBS is providing a public service by showing
kids programming to give families the option of watching something else, but
I think that's lame in the time of a national tragedy like this.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine