Re: Radio & Cable...?

> USA Networks operates Newsworld International (and another network
> devoted to cultural programming) in partnership with Canadian content
> producers, and since they don't have any sort of in-house news
> operation it's not surprising that they would turn to NWI.

NWI right now is a feed of CBC coverage, where they are starting
to talk about a "whispering campaign" in Washington and a "lack of
leadership" marking "a defining moment" for the administration.

I don't know whether this reflects TV's desire for dramatic words and
gestures, or CBC's critical approach to the US, but I guess it's a
defining moment too.

--RC